MGE Energy offers an easy and convenient way to purchase stock and reinvest dividends. Participants in the plan have the option of purchasing or selling shares and may deposit share certificates for safekeeping.
If you are interested in purchasing stock, please follow these steps:
- Read the prospectus [192 kB PDF] related to the plan. The prospectus describes the plan in greater detail including its advantages and disadvantages.
- Complete the MGE Energy enrollment form [236 kB PDF].
- Print, sign and mail your enrollment form and check to:
MGE Energy, Inc.
PO Box 1231
Madison WI 53701-1231
Printed copies of the prospectus and enrollment forms are available by contacting Shareholder Services
Direct Stock Purchase and Dividend Reinvestment Plan
The plan allows participants to:
- Purchase shares directly through the company with minimal or no brokerage fees.
- Reinvest dividends.
- Deposit MGE Energy certificates for safekeeping.
- Make regular additional investments via electronic funds transfer.
- Any registered shareholder may participate.
- Non-shareholders may join the plan with a minimum $250 first-time investment.
- Custodial accounts for minors may be opened with $50.
- The $250 minimum is waived if you sign up for automatic monthly deductions of at least $25 for 12 months.
Broker Commissions and Fees
There are no administrative fees to purchase shares. Brokerage fees are nominal. When you sell shares through the plan, an administrative fee of $15 plus brokerage fees will be charged. Please see the plan prospectus for more information regarding the purchase and sale of shares under the plan.