MGE Has Top Credit Ratings
Our regulated utility, Madison Gas and Electric (MGE), continues to achieve high credit ratings. Standard & Poor's (S&P) and Moody's give MGE the highest credit ratings in the nation for investor-owned, combination utilities.
In its review, S&P cites MGE's:
- Effective management of regulatory risk and strong regulatory environment.
- Conservative financial policies that ensure strong credit quality.
- Focus on regulated vertically integrated electric and natural gas distribution operations.
In its review, Moody's cites MGE's:
- Supportive regulatory environment that provides revenue and cash flow.
- Stable and healthy credit metrics.
Moody's also states that its stable outlook rating assumes future prudently incurred investments will be recovered.