Give the Gift of MGE Energy Stock
MGE Energy stock is a unique gift for children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews and friends! The individual you enroll in our Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Stock Purchase Plan will be able to reinvest dividend payments as well as learn about the value of investing for the long term. With each gift, you can print a gift announcement.
With a low initial investment of $50 for custodial accounts or $250 for all other accounts, giving the gift of MGE Energy stock is perfect for any occasion.
There are two easy ways to gift:
Gift by Check
For new accounts:
- Complete the Initial Enrollment Form.
- Have the new Account Holder, Custodian or Trustee sign the Enrollment and IRS W9 form.
- Send completed forms and check to MGE Energy Shareholder Services c/o Computershare Trust Company.
For existing accounts:
- Mail coupon from a recent statement or complete a substitute payment coupon.
- Include Account Holder's legal registration, identification number and gift amount.
- Send coupon and check to MGE Energy Shareholder Services c/o Computershare Trust Company.
* Please, no third-party checks, money orders or credit card payments by mail.
Gift by Shares
For new and existing accounts:
- Visit the Transfer Wizard available in the Investor Center to complete the forms to transfer shares from your account to another.
- Print completed forms and receive a Medallion Signature Guarantee from a financial institution. This stamp is required to ensure a legally authorized individual is conducting the requested transaction.
- Send completed forms to MGE Energy Shareholder Services c/o Computershare Trust Company.
Please note: To gift shares to an existing account, you will need to provide the account number and legal registration of the recipient.
Once you have completed your gift request, you can print a gift announcement, fill out the gift amount and your name and give it to the recipient.