About MGE Energy
MGE Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: MGEE) is an investor-owned public utility holding company headquartered in Madison, Wis.
MGE Energy is built on the solid tradition of dividend income and stock price appreciation. MGE Energy has paid dividends since 1909 and is one of only five U.S. investor-owned electric utilities to increase dividends for 39 consecutive years.
Its primary asset is Madison Gas and Electric Co. (MGE), a regulated utility providing natural gas and electric service and promoting economic development.
At year-end 2014, MGE Energy's assets total nearly $1.7 billion.
*Includes capital expenditures for MGE Power West Campus and MGE Power Elm Road.
The MGE Energy family includes:
- Madison Gas and Electric Company – a regulated utility that generates and distributes electricity to approximately 143,000 customers in Dane County, Wisconsin, and purchases and distributes natural gas to approximately 149,000 customers in seven Wisconsin counties.
- MGE Power LLC – owns MGE Power West Campus, LLC, and MGE Power Elm Road, LLC.
- MGE Power West Campus, LLC – owns a controlling interest in the electric generating assets related to the West Campus Cogeneration Facility. MGE Power West Campus has leased its share of these assets to Madison Gas and Electric Company through a long-term lease agreement.
- MGE Power Elm Road, LLC – owns an 8.33% undivided ownership interest in two coal-fired generating units in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. MGE Power Elm Road has leased its share of the generating units to Madison Gas and Electric Company through separate long-term lease agreements.
- MGE Transco Investment LLC – owns a minority equity interest in American Transmission Company LLC, which owns and operates electric transmission facilities in Wisconsin.
- Central Wisconsin Development Corporation – assists new and expanding businesses throughout central Wisconsin by participating in planning, financing, property acquisition, joint ventures and associated activities.
- MAGAEL, LLC – holds title to property for future utility plant expansion and nonutility property.
- NGV Fueling Services, LLC – owns and maintains natural gas compression equipment to facilitate the use of compressed natural gas in natural gas vehicles.
- North Mendota Energy & Technology Park, LLC – owns and serves as the development entity for property.
- MGE State Energy Services, LLC – holds a 50% interest in State Energy Services, LLC, in which a subsidiary of Wisconsin Energy Corporation holds the remaining 50% interest. State Energy Services was formed for the purpose of bidding on certain energy production assets and facilities currently owned by the State of Wisconsin, should the State decide to sell those facilities.